March Madness is Back!

Selection Sunday was yesterday for the NCAA Basketball Tournament, which means March Madness Brackets are available! This also means the AHBA March Madness Bracket Challenge, presented by the AHBA Workforce Development Committee, is back for its 2nd year! Participating in this friendly competition is a great way to support the AHBA Scholarship Program. Brackets are $10 a piece and the challenge is open to anyone, so feel free to spread the word!

Each year the AHBA awards up to $3000 in scholarships to local students studying a construction related field. Students can be a high school senior, currently attending college or even enrolled in a graduate program. Applications are accepted until April 30 and recipients will be announced during the June After Hours Event. 

Of the proceeds, 75% directly supports future scholarships awarded to students studying in the construction field. On average, the AHBA awards up to $3000 per year to students who apply to the AHBA Scholarship Program – we’d like to see this amount grow, wouldn’t you? The other 25% goes to the lucky 1st Place winner with the best bracket and some serious bragging rights!

Where do you sign up, you ask? Register here!

  1. Contribute to AHBA Scholarship Fund by purchasing March Madness Bracket(s), using the Register Here link above – this is open to anyone – members and non-members!
  2. Follow the link in your confirmation e-mail to join our dedicated AHBA Bracket Group. You will FIRST need to create your own CBS log-in and password or use an existing login. (Please note that you only have until 12noon March 21 to complete your bracket, as that is when the tournament begins.)
  3. Check back to the CBS Sports website to see current standings throughout the tournament. 
  4. Winner will be announced at the end of the tournament!

So sign up and share with your family, your friends and your coworkers and let’s support our future industry professionals! 

Please visit our dedicated Careers page for more information about the AHBA Workforce Development initiatives, careers in construction and much more. 

Leave a Comment